The Occupational Safety and Health Law Committee of the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section held its mid-winter meeting on March 3rd to the 6th in Palm Springs, California. The meeting featured a full day of MSHA programming with many EMLF members speaking and a full OSHA program as well. One of Williams Kilpatrick’s founding members, John M. Williams, was a panelist on Hot Topics in Safety Issues at Metal/Non-Metal Mines.
The panel looked at recent prosecutions for contractor training records, the pre-shift examination requirements for metal/non-metal mines and recent developments in discrimination claims in both coal and metal/non-metal mines.
Planning is also underway for the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation’s biennial safety seminar, coming up this September in Las Vegas. Save the date: September 25 & 26, 2020 for a program that will cover both OSHA and MSHA topics for all EMLF members in coal, hard rock mining, oil and gas and utilities.
Mark your calendars for EMLF’s other upcoming 2020 conferences:
- Oil & Gas Environmental & Regulatory Special Institute – May 5, 2020, Cincinnati, OH
- Annual Institute – June 14-16, 2020, Amelia Island, FL
- Petrochemical Update – August 18, 2020, Pittsburgh, PA
- Law of Shale Plays Conference (with IEL) – September 9-10, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fall Symposium – October 14-15, 2020, Lexington, KY.