Employment Law Services
The laws governing employment grow more complicated and confusing every day. That means avoidable mistakes can cost your business a great deal of time and money in costly litigation and settlements.
At Williams Kilpatrick, PLLC, of Lexington, Kentucky, our business is helping you stay in business. We help businesses of all sizes navigate these laws in a time-sensitive and economical manner so they can focus on their work.
Experience In All Types Of Potential Employment Disputes
Our lawyers handle a wide variety of employment matters from pre-hire through termination and all issues in between. Our primary goal is to avoid litigation through sound human resource counseling. We guide our clients on a wide variety of matters, including issues involving
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts and employee handbooks
- Attendance and wage and hour policies
- Performance reviews
- Workplace injuries and safety investigations
- Discrimination and sexual harassment claims, including compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and Kentucky Civil Rights Act
- Termination and severance negotiation
We have extensive experience in using alternative dispute resolution techniques, such as mediation and arbitration, to find effective solutions. If cases must go to litigation, our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to handle your matter before any federal or state court or agency, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission and the Kentucky Mine Safety Review Commission.